Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Camp,My Candour of Experience!

Sayo Aluko (Monday, March 19, 2012}

I wrote this note using the MemoPad of my Blackberry,and while I read it over again before copying and pasting it here as a note, it still unsettles my assertion.
The Bayelsa's Kaiama NYSC camp is an environment of uncouth "conduciveness" contained by a bunch of varying genes of men whose acts, stances, views and stories,which when heard,will terrifically tilt a thinker's thoughts.

A lot of things seen. Heard. Viewed. Gazed. Told. Said. Tolerated. etc; from the day's parades to the night's paroles, from the "pain" of the day's unnecessarily long courses/lectures, to the "gain" of the night's male-hostel laugh chatters; and to the gross acts of ignorance shown by the grouse pacts of whoring women,etc,...but, quite stoically, I, Oluwasayo Olumide, met 3 lads from the northern hemisphere of our country - Zaccheaus 28,lives in Gombe; Al-Amin 27, lives in Kaduna; Kilishi 26, lives in Jos; trio all studied in Zaria.

After listening to them at different intervals, all I asked them and my bemused mind was "WHY"...& they'd all simply grimace a smile; they have no answer.
Looking at them at different times, all I saw through my astonished gaze are survivors,true survivors, I saw lads whose experience-modules have been "psychedelically mutant-ed",like say mutated.

Hear Zaccheaus; " See Soyo (sayo), it was just beside my house that two fiful (people) came down prom(from) bike with guns and shot  and killed 28 fiful inside a Deeper lipe (life) church. Soyo wuhaklahi (walahi), na by whisfer (whisper) me&my pomily (family) take escafe (escape)"

Al-amin; (He shook his head and simply giggled after my long, rage-ridden-talk about Zaccheus' reportage and started talking)-- "Shayo, ai (I) nefa (never) dey peel(feel) am again ip (if) fiful die now; por (for) Kaduna, you go dey see dead bodies burnt on d ploor (floor) efriwhere (everywhere), smelling like suya ! (roasted meat).
( hearing that, the trio laughed, but all I saw was delirium, and not a laugh at all!). He continued," I don loose many close priends (friends) in a sflit minute.|| I then said "ehn, fli what?" || again, he still chattered "sflit, sflit"; a quick snap-thought in my head,then I said "okay,u mean 'split minute'?", yowaaa",Al-amin retorted.

Kilishi suddenly shouted "gbooaa!,gboom! epriwhere, dead bodi epriwhere. Almajiris are ruthless. Some op(of) them enter my school to rafe (rape) one girl, apter(after) which they shook her frivate fart (private part) with broken bottle por (for) which she die straight! || Sayo then asked "who are Almajaris?" || he replied by saying, " though, some op them are truly begging, they are bad people who always fretend (pretend) like beggars, they are the ones who most time connive with the Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad (boko haram) to slaughter fiful (people) everyday anyhow, Soyo (Sayo), just anyhow".

Sayo was at these three times gobsmacked by the plethora of conundrum formed in just a 3-letter word - "WHY". Why must these lads be made to pass through all these sight and sounds of gross and humanly "unforgivable" blood-thirst, bloodbath and bloodshed ! The word "WHY? WHY?" just kept summarizing my choleric outburst at these human-extincting cum vampire-extancting actions of some crude animals tagged "Boko Haram"! HAA!,I'm unhappy..but yet again.......,hear the Miracle:

I decided to attend the sunday NCCF church service,on a "low-key". It was time for worship, and woolaahh! Al-amin+Zaccheus were part of d choir/testimony givers and as if that wasn't enough, it was Kilishi who led this choir/testimony!. At that point,my heart just went antarctic!; I felt the rush of my ingratitude gushing through all my reins and veins.I pondered, "How can these guys still think of God's-Almightyness and praise Him for it? Why are there no grins on their faces? How did they manage not to complain like I sometimes do when I'm faced with challenges extremely smaller than what they've faced and seen.In a "sflit" minute too, my WHY change to HOW and then back to WHY in these modules:

-WHY are these killings, bloodshed and traumas not prevented,at least divinely?
-HOW did my 3 friends get the gusto to still praise despite their traumatic traipse?
-WHY can't we and I and they still praise God, knowing that HE alone is the one who architects and orchestrates the whole design(s) behind our lives? Right?

I met the trio after church service still greeted by their "worry-lysing" smiles,after which I then approached my hostel. I then again retorted, pondered and re-retorted in my mind,..still thinking about that my first "WHY". God's divine design? What is God's design, Sayo, what is God's design,divine design? What is it? I got to my hostel and I just slept!

No comments:

Post a Comment